Dear IOM Skippers,
In an ever changing environment of health and safety concerns the IOM Region 6 Championships is hereby cancelled. The State of California and more importantly the City of San Diego has stated that there is a stay at home order and outside activity is limited to “essential needs.” We apologize for the inconvenience and the expectation of holding the event, but our concern is for the safety of the participants and to ensure we comply with city and state regulations. We hope you all stay safe and we look forward to safer sailing in the not to distant future.
Thank you the Regatta committee
Just in time for outdoor summer sun protection…50+ SPF
USA IOM Sailing neck gaiters!
$20 Venmo or Zelle to Jennifer Golison. Or Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
All profits will support the next NCR.
Call or text Jennifer at 562-305-6410 or email to email@example.com
2020 IOM European Championship: Postponement
April 29, 2020
IOMICA VC events has received a memorandum from ITA NCA requesting the postponement of the European Championship until October 2021.
(Note: all international sailing events in Italy have now been cancelled or postponed)
Whilst it is several months away from the event, and considering the uncertainty of COVID 19 in the host country and around the world, IOMICA VC events accepts the recommendation of the ITA NCA to postpone the event.
This decision has not been taken lightly but with the wellbeing and safety of all competitors and race officials paramount, it is a necessary one.
As a result the bidding for the IOM World Championship will be suspended until further notice and bidding opened for other possible continental championships to take place in 2021. Bids are welcomed from today until 6th July 2020. On conclusion of this process, the bidding will be reopened for the IOM World Championship which will take place in 2022.
Stay safe !
IOMICA VC Events
The AMYA Board met in a Special Meeting Thursday April 3, about and solely about the Corona Virus COVID-19 pandemic. Participating in that meeting was a medical doctor with a background in epidemiology, and who has been advising the AMYA Officers for the last month or so regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Radio sailing is a social event. AMYA Members and participants are generally 60 years of age or older. If infected, older people are more likely to become seriously ill or die. There is no specific treatment for COVID-19 infection once one gets the disease. So every effort must be made to prevent being infected, thus the USA and State, as well as local authorities’ rationale for Strict Social Separation.
Model sailing as a group is simply not worth the risk to our Members, in the mind of your Officers and Board of Directors.
The AMYA Board unanimously decided to take the following actions:
All AMYA-sanctioned events are to be cancelled or postponed until at least July 1, 2020. This includes all Regional and National Championship regattas.
All forms of “advertising” by the AMYA, for ALL sailing activity of every type have been removed, and will not appear for the months of April, May, and June 2020. The forms of advertising that the AMYA provides are the AMYA website’s Regatta Calendar, the AMYA Model Yachting magazine, and the e-mailed AMYA Bulletin.
The AMYA cannot ORDER local clubs to take any action. That is the role of local Club leaders. We recommend that all local Clubs consult with and follow the recommendations of their local Boards of Health, County, Municipal, and State recommendations concerning Club activities. Please do not try to find ways around social separation- consider the safety of your Members.
As we go forward, the above actions and recommendations will be reviewed by the Board, with the idea of providing any changes in time for regatta hosts, managers, and Classes to make changes and/or further postpone if that becomes necessary.